[lug] netstat?

Scott A. Herod herod at interact-tv.com
Fri Dec 8 15:30:05 MST 2000

Yes.  But some ports from netstat -a are given only numeric
local addresses.  For example, the dreaded rpc.statd with its
nice buffer-overflow attack only shows a numeric value.  ( To
think that such a Trojan Horse came from someone at Transmeta.
Look at the authors list on the man page. )  In my parania, I
like to see what netstat says, and when I see an unknown numeric
port that my machine is listening to, I'd like to be able to
match it with a process.

Scott