[lug] Questions about the Grassroots Linux PDA Project

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Tue Dec 12 01:38:03 MST 2000

I tossed a note to Rob about this, and I'll keep the group updated as to
his reply ...

But I'm wondering how this project will compete with simply running
Debian/ARM on an iPaq?  I see the mini-HOWTO site has disappeared, but
it's probably archived somewhere...

Beyond that question, which I sent to Rob, I see a couple of other things the I would question  but would want to think about further:

The one advantage I see right now over things like the iPaq also appear
to add a lot of weight/bulk, for example... Why have CompactFlash and SDRAM both?  Seems bulky.

And as usual the Debianite in me questions the difference between Open
Source and Free, as in Freedom.  Who owns the code?  I didn't yet read
that far on their website.  Licensing GPL?  BSD?  Apple Open Source
(just kidding... yuck... this nasty thing is what Darwin is released
under...).