[lug] daemontools supervise

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Tue Dec 12 17:15:47 MST 2000

>>>>> "Ferdinand" == Ferdinand Schmid <fschmid at archenergy.com> writes:

Ferdinand> HI, I have been messing with DJ Bernstein's daemontools
Ferdinand> package for way too long now, trying to start a service
Ferdinand> with uid and gid other than root.  Whatever I do though
Ferdinand> results in the process running as root.  All my searches on
Ferdinand> google and deja.com for a working example for this command
Ferdinand> were fruitless.  I have seen supervise used with qmail but
Ferdinand> the qmail site doesn't elaborate on the usage of
Ferdinand> daemontools - they just send you to Bernstein's site.  I
Ferdinand> must be missing the obvious here so maybe one of you will
Ferdinand> see right away what I am doing wrong.  Here is my ./run
Ferdinand> script

Ferdinand> #!/bin/sh envuidgid fps /home/fps/tmp/wl2/gwmain

Ferdinand> The daemontools home page is:
Ferdinand> http://cr.yp.to/daemontools.html

Ferdinand> Thanks, Ferdinand

try:

--snip--