[lug] Can't send email to uswest domain

Ian Hall-Beyer manuka at nerdherd.net
Wed Dec 13 11:13:37 MST 2000

On Wed, 13 Dec 2000, Atkinson, Chip wrote:

> IIRC, I had the same problem.  I use USW as a DSL ISP.  I was mailing out
> directly to people, but much of my mail wouldn't go through.  I think they
> do reverse lookups to screen spam.  The problem went away when I used USW as
> a relay.  You might want to use your ISP as a relay.  That is likely to fix
> the problem.

For what it's worth, some consulting clients of mine frequently call me
about a very similar problem, with USQwest as their DSL provider. I expect
the core problem is that their mail servers suck. (that's the technical
explanation)

-Ian

--

"The French language, which the French used to learn very well, did not
exist for the sake of conveying information, for communicating men's

				-- Allan Bloom
				   The Closing of The American Mind