[lug] Traceroute question

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Wed Dec 13 15:03:22 MST 2000

On Wed, Dec 13, 2000 at 02:50:37PM -0700, Michael Deck wrote:
>So, my only question is, how do I read the traceroute output? What exactly
>do the numbers mean?

They represent how long it takes to send 3 packets to each step along
the way between you and the host you are tracerouting to.  If you are
sitting behind a slow net connection, the entire net looks slow.

Sean
--
 My loyalties are to the people, not the politicians.  If these .sigs lead
 you to think I voted for Gore, think again.