[lug] Can't send email to uswest domain

George Sexton gsexton at mhsoftware.com
Wed Dec 13 16:45:25 MST 2000

I don't think so much it's sysadmins trying to secure things, it's just how
the software was designed. SendMail still does this. It seems to gracefully
fail over now, but on older versions, the timeouts were wrong and SendMail
would timeout the SMTP connection before the auth connection timed out. At
the time I was running NT and I actually went so far as to write an identd
daemon for NT.