[lug] Finding out who started a process?

Tim Fredrick fredrick at acd.ucar.edu
Thu Dec 14 12:25:27 MST 2000

There's an interesting little graphical "ps" utility called "xps"
It's shows a tree starting from the "init" process showing what
process spawned what.  And you can click on the various processes
to manage them (renice, kill, etc.).

The utility is from

http://www.netwinder.org/~rocky/xps-home/

(there was a paper on it at the LISA-2000 conference).

Hope that helps!  --Tim Fredrick (fredrick at acd.ucar.edu)