[lug] mysql / coldfusion

Kyle Moore kmoore at trustamerica.com
Fri Dec 15 13:39:56 MST 2000

For a project that I'm working on, I'm using Coldfusion running on Linux
accessing a mysql database. I'm running into a problem where the
processes in mysql never seem to die. Then I eventually hit the "too
many connections" error. I know how to increase the number of
connections but what I really need to figure out is why they aren't
timing out. All of the settings I can see in Coldfusion are set to a 5
minute timeout. I have never run into this problem doing similar things
with mysql in perl or php. I know Coldfusion is a piece of crap but it
is what I have to do this project in. Any suggestions? I have not found
any answers on the net or in the manual that pertain to this specific
problem.

-kyle