[lug] Whiney drives.

JBrink7777 at aol.com JBrink7777 at aol.com
Fri Dec 15 14:58:46 MST 2000

Yes, I'm glad to be of help.  I remove the power supply, open the case (mine
has 4 screws and a decal that says "void if broken"), and you should see a
decal over the area of the hub, scratch it loose and pull half-off, it should
have a rubber seal over the actual bushing.

Get a tube of Silicon grease and press a small (about the size of a grain of
rice) around the shaft in the bushing,

I jumper the wires to the switch and load the output by connecting a couple
of old hard drives and a floppy drive.  Usually the noise will disappear in a
few seconds of running.

Hope this helps, Jim