[lug] Sniffers

C Menzes charles at lunarmedia.net
Fri Dec 15 15:21:06 MST 2000

Just as a follow up. I am not certain what types of sniffers you have
dealt with in the past, however if you are used to a gui interface similar
to NAI's sniffer, then ethereal is probably what you are looking for. If
you are just looking to see network activity and not delve too much into
the packet content, snoop or tcpdump will suffice nicely.

just my two cents.
-cjm