[lug] Autoindent in vi

Atkinson, Chip CAtkinson at Circadence.com
Mon Dec 18 08:55:12 MST 2000

Autoindent doesn't affect the wrap that I've ever seen.  Here's what I can
tell you about it.

se ai -- set auto indent
se wm=0 -- Turns off wrap margin
se wm=n -- sets wrap margin to be n characters from the *right* side of the
screen.
se et -- set expand tabs.  Turns tabs into spaces. (vim)

When doing cut and paste with the mouse, you should turn ai off (se noai) so
you don't get a stair step wrapping mess.

Hope that helps.

Chip