[lug] X loosing focus?

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Mon Dec 18 22:28:18 MST 2000

John Starkey wrote:

> Here's one with some serious potential.
>
> I'm getting sporadic beeping (every few seconds even without me creating
> events). The associated error is:
>
> Window lost focus keymap: gmc, ()
>
> and
>
> Window lost focus keymap: panel, ()
>
> Anyone know what the deal is with this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> John

I had something squirrely like this happen when cables were loose. Once
the keyboard, once the mouse, and can you believe it...it had the nerve
to crash when my power switch on the extension got knocked off!
Seriously though, I'd reseat all the relevant cables, including internal
ones if external doesn't help. Reseat the cards as well...just pop them
out and back in at the same slot.