[lug] 19" monitor questions

Ian Hall-Beyer manuka at nerdherd.net
Thu Dec 21 09:20:42 MST 2000

On Tue, 19 Dec 2000, Atkinson, Chip wrote:

> I'm thinking of getting a 19" monitor to replace the 15" that I'm using and
> the 17" that died.

> Does anyone have any brand recommendations or cautions?
> Is there a place that sells them in the Boulder, CO area, or is this a
> mail order item?

I've been very happy with the Hitachi CM751 - They've been using the same
design on it for 5 or 6 years, and it's still excellent. Sun also
remarkets this same monitor as the standard one with their Ultra 5 and
Ultra 10 workstations.

-Ian

--

"The French language, which the French used to learn very well, did not
exist for the sake of conveying information, for communicating men's

				-- Allan Bloom
				   The Closing of The American Mind