[lug] 19" monitor questions

Ian Hall-Beyer manuka at nerdherd.net
Thu Dec 21 18:55:18 MST 2000

On Thu, 21 Dec 2000, Glenn Murray wrote:

> That's funny, when I had a Sun Ultra 10 last year I was told
> that inside was a Trinitron.  I thought it was the best
> monitor I'd seen.  I'd like to know if I was wrong, because
> whether it said Sun, Dell, or Sony on the outside,
> Trinitrons are the only decent monitors (for me) that I've
> seen.

Most of sun's monitors are trinitrons... the Hitachi was sold as a
"low-end" monitor (it's actually quite nice with .22)

-Ian (happily using a 21" trinitron FD sun monitor)

--

"The French language, which the French used to learn very well, did not
exist for the sake of conveying information, for communicating men's

				-- Allan Bloom
				   The Closing of The American Mind