[lug] Ping Error

SoloCDM deedsmis at aculink.net
Fri Dec 22 10:59:47 MST 2000

Something is seriously wrong with our network.  A station with Win
9x still believes another workstation exists, even though the other
workstation is disconnected.  When it was connected, I was able
to use the other workstation to view the files of the workstation
in question.

Next, I tried to ping the workstation in question from the server,
but it wouldn't work.  I tried pinging from the workstation to the
server and it wouldn't work.  What's wrong?  No ipchains are running.
The cables are tightly connected.  Could it be the NIC?

Note: When you reply to this message, please include the mailing
      list and my email address.