[lug] Image conversion.

Ken Kinder ken at kenkinder.com
Fri Dec 22 16:26:04 MST 2000

Imagemagick has a nifty convert program. Install it and use a simple Python
script like:

import sys, os, string
files = sys.argv[1:]

for file in files:
    # filename will be w/o the extension
    filename, extension = string.split(file, '.', 1)
    os.system('convert %s %s.gif', file, filename)

Then just call your python script with *.bmp ;)

On Fri, Dec 22, 2000 at 04:28:24PM -0700, John Starkey wrote:
> I've got 500 images to convert from .bmp to .gif (they're B&W). Obviously
> being that many I won't be able to go thru them one by one until they're
> posted so I need something that will do it right.
>
> Anyone have any suggestions on apps that will do this? I think I remember
> ImageMagick or something similar doing this?
>

> TIA,
>
> John

Ken Kinder
www.kenkinder.com