[lug] Gnome hidden panel

David Lewis order at db-enterprises.com
Thu Dec 21 22:16:00 MST 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: "D. Stimits" <stimits at idcomm.com>
To: <lug at lug.boulder.co.us>
Sent: Thursday, December 21, 2000 7:56 PM
Subject: Re: [lug] Gnome hidden panel

> > David Lewis wrote:
> >
> > I am a newbie to your user group. I had a question and got hold of
> > your group through the Computer Edge. I installed rehat 7.0 and win
> > me  on my 586 pc. Whole working in linux I hid the panel in Gnome and
> > don't know how to make it visible again. Can anyone help me??
> >
> > Thanks
> > David B Lewis
> > dbl at db-enterprises.com
> > http://www.db-enterprises.com
> >

> I think the same panel you are talking about can be reached with a right
> click on the desktop, and choose "Configure Background Image". If this
> isn't the one, post here again.
>
> D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com

I tried startx it use to bring up Gnome with no panel. this time  the msgs
were
  .Xclients: exec:
no such file or directory
waiting for Xserver to shutdown

I am not sure why startx did not start Gnome this time. I have been doing
redhat linux 7 getting started guide
Chapters 16 and 17.

David <dbl at db-enterprises.com>