[lug] OT - MACS?

John Starkey jstarkey at advancecreations.com
Tue Dec 26 19:07:55 MST 2000

I have no idea where to go with this question and I think it is somewhat
UNIX/Linux.

I was contacted today about a position as a MACS system support. This is a
contract position and very well paying for what she's describing. She saw
that I have 10 years experience with Macs. (She's a third party
recruiter).

Isn't there a MACS system, like a server, internal or something? I have a
hard time believing they'll pay that much for Macintosh system support.
The reqs also make reference to HP3000. You can't run a MacOS on an
HP3000.

Anyone know what's going one here? A quick search revealed a MACS Command
Reference. (Multi-User Accounting and Control System).

Thanks,

John