[lug] a belly laugh from Windows magazine

Calvin Dodge caldodge at fpcc.net
Fri Dec 29 10:03:57 MST 2000

I got an unintentional chuckle upon reading Windows Magazine's "Best and Worst
of 2000" list - specifically their take on Linux
(http://www.winmag.com/specreps/feats/2000/lookback/05.htm).  Would you care to
guess their opinion of Linux?  They love it - NOT!

But the belly laugh was provided by the following line on that page:

> If Microsoft fails to respond to specific bugs in a timely fashion, the best way to
> solve that is not to desert it for another product, but to keep a firm and resolute
> pressure on it until it does so.

In other words, keep waiting (and waiting and waiting) for Microsoft to fix the
product, and if they don't ... well ... you can always find another line of
business (like the Speed Ferret folks, who hit a brick wall in trying to adapt
their product to Access 2000).

(Even my boss laughed - derisively - at that quote, and he makes a living
selling software which works only with Microsoft Office)

Calvin
--
Calvin Dodge
Certified Linux Bigot (tm)