[lug] a belly laugh from Windows magazine

Calvin Dodge caldodge at fpcc.net
Fri Dec 29 10:30:04 MST 2000

"Atkinson, Chip" wrote:

> Isn't one symptom of neurosis doing the same thing again and again and
> expecting different results each time?  One waits and waits, expecting MS to
> fix a problem this time, though they have never fixed it in the past.

Somehow I'm reminded of the error message "insufficient memory to update
display" - which is apparently a "feature" of "GDI resources", and has existed
since the days of Word 6 (it doesn't matter how much RAM your system has - when
the GDI resources are gone (64K, IIRC), weird font thingies happen).

I'm SO glad I gave up "waiting for Gates (like waiting for Godot)", and started
using Linux 2 1/2 years ago.

Calvin
--
Calvin Dodge