[lug] XWin Problems (fwd)

David Morris boru at frii.com
Wed Jan 3 12:31:41 MST 2001

On Wed, 3 Jan 2001, Sean Reifschneider wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 03, 2001 at 11:20:25AM -0700, David Morris wrote:
> >12: Intel 10/100 Ethernet Controller (eth1)
>
> IRQ 12 is where PS2 mice live.

You know, I had beeen just realizing that fact by means of complete
and total luck, just wasn't certain what IRQ was used and what was
conflicting, but it is absolutely certain that is the problem.

So, the question is now:  Can I change the IRQ of either the NIC or
the PS/2 port?  Or it might be simpler to find the PS/2 to Serial
adapter that came with the mouse and disable the PS/2 port entirely.

Thanks for everyone's help in solving the problem - Now I know what it
is at least, I can fix it.

--David