[lug] Repartitioning to save Winders ME

Calvin Dodge caldodge at fpcc.net
Thu Jan 4 06:38:51 MST 2001

Nate Duehr wrote:

> Is this download from somewhere on the GNU machines, or at SourceForge
> or ...?

Sorry I was too lazy to track down the URL. You've probably already found this,
but for anyone else who's interested the URL for downloading the bootable
images is ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/parted/bootdisk/

> GNU parted sounds really useful.  I've used Partition Magic for years,
> but it sounds like the GNU tools are catching up.  Especially for ext2fs
> partitions -- at least, I think that's all it can do right now, correct?

No, it will also resize FAT16 and FAT32, as well as Linux swap partitions.

> (Off to go STFW... Google is my friend.)   :) :) :)

Google is EVERYBODY'S friend.

Calvin

--
Calvin Dodge