[lug] adding extended drive space

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Sat Jan 6 00:59:34 MST 2001

On Fri, Jan 05, 2001 at 08:33:24PM -0600, C Menzes wrote:
>unfortunately that won't suffice in my situation. i have /anon_ftp mounted
>to a 15gig drive, however I am hoping to add 30 more without putting
>restrictions on disk usage based on which directory is written to.

You need to look at the "md" driver, and possibly LVM.  "md" will
let you stripe multiple drives to create a single virtual partition.
"LVM" does the same sort of thing, but lets you do it in smaller
chunks which you can add and remove to individual partitions.  LVM is
nice, but md is easy.

Sean
--
 "I'm a big girl."  "Yeah, and in all the right places, too."
                 -- _North_by_Northwest_