[lug] compiling kernel 2.4.0 (a note for RH7 users)

Calvin Dodge caldodge at fpcc.net
Fri Jan 5 18:14:23 MST 2001

It just gets worse ...

I _thought_ I had sent this before I sent that correction ...

This just ISN'T my day.

"Atkinson, Chip" wrote:

> Just out of curiosity, couldn't one just put gcc 2.91.66, or 2.95.2 for that
> matter, on their RH 7 machine and all would work fine?

As a matter of fact, I DID have gcc 2.91.66 on my system, but I hadn't
quite caught on to the fact that THAT version of gcc compiled the kernel
just fine, so I could remove the 3-line "CC=" hack from the kernel
makefile.

For the record, gcc 2.91.66 DOES compile kernel 2.4.0 - I'm running on
that new kernel now (at least, it didn't lock up during the boot phase
like it did before).

Calvin

--
Calvin Dodge