[lug] PHP3 compile and rusage

John Starkey jstarkey at advancecreations.com
Sat Jan 6 22:50:38 MST 2001

I'm trying to compile PHP3 with MySQL and apxs. It's dieing with:

-gcc -g -02 -DLINUX=2 -DUSE_HSREGEX -DUSE_EXPAT -I../lib/expat-lite -02
-fpic -DSHARED_MODULE -I. -I -I/usr/local/apache/include
-I/usr/local/MySQL/include -c functions/microtime.c -o
functions/microtime.o
functions/microtime.c: In function 'php3_getrusage'
functions/microtime.c: storage size of "usg" not found
functions/microtime.c: "RUSAGE_SELF" not declared (first use....)"

I had this same problem months ago when installing PHP4 and I just went to
another machine with it and everything worked fine. It's caught up with
me. Apache is 1.3.9 (same as the other box). Maybe some DSO
differences(?). Kernel is 2.3.9.

Anyone know what this is? And what i can do to fix it?

Thanks,

John