[lug] Wireless/Broadband services, and the death of JATO

Matt Clauson mec at dotorg.org
Mon Jan 8 21:24:46 MST 2001

On Mon, Jan 08, 2001 at 09:16:49PM -0700, Jeremy J Hinegardner wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm not sure where everyone else is getting shut off by JATO but
> my SDSL service is still up and running.  Also, for those wondering
> about service in Boulder, I live off Arapahoe and Foothills and
> have had service since October.

Contact your ISP (not Jato, but the people you have IP service with) and
ask them to help you find an alternative provider.  DO IT NOW.  Jato is
closing business.  This is confirmed through multiple sources, including
calling their head office in Greenwood Village.  They are basically
waiting for all the ILECs to turn off and pull their DSLAM equipment.

As I look at my DSL router here, I still have a valid circuit to the
DSLAM, but my IP connectivity is toast.  I think the backhaul to my IP
provider (RMI) want terminated last night.  I wasn't the only one.

Jato's recording on their business line reccomends that customers look at
www.dslreports.com for other providers.  If you can contact your ISP and
make other arrangements for a DSL circuit, and try to expedite the matter,
I suggest you do it as soon as possible.  Try and get a backup dialup in
place as well.  Move any and all critical services off your DSL circuit,
immediately.  I was shut off with no notice, and from my understanding,
most people are getting the same treatment.

--mec