[lug] LILO Boot Problem

Shannon Johnston nunar at iws.net
Tue Jan 9 14:26:56 MST 2001

I've had this very thing happen to me. Most of the time, if it's a problem
running the SCSI controller, it locks up when trying to run disk druid
during the install.
What happened to me is that there was a problem overwriting files in the
Master Boot Record. I fixed it by running fdisk /mbr
This wipes the mbr clean and then allowed linux to install and run fine.
(BTW - I had to do that on the machine I'm running now.)

Shannon Johnston