[lug] PDF headache

John Karns jkarns at csd.net
Tue Jan 9 22:37:33 MST 2001

On Tue, 9 Jan 2001, Kyle Moore uttered:

> The only time I have had this problem is when the page came up formatted
> as A4. It still tries to print it out. Xpdf works pretty well too but I
>

> John Karns wrote:
> >
> > So then I give the ghostview clone, "gv" a try.  It seems to work better
> > in this respect: it's able to read the page, and even gives a page index
> > on the left to facilitate document access.  But it has its own very
> > annoying problem of truncating several lines of text from the bottom of
> > every page.  Ghostview is worse, in that no page index / table of contents

Ok, gv's B5 format seems to work in this case (Postgres PDF doc).  xpdf
also seems to be able to deal with it pretty well;  although it lacks a
page index, which I greatly prefer.

John Karns                                              jkarns at csd.net

"I've never understood why women love cats. Cats are independent, they
don't listen, they don't come in when you call, they like to stay out all
night, come home and expect to be fed and stroked, then want to be left
alone and sleep. In other words, every quality that women hate in a man,
they love in a cat."

                                          - Unknown