[lug] Re: Mailman results for LUG

J. Wayde Allen wallen at lug.boulder.co.us
Wed Jan 10 09:15:20 MST 2001

On Wed, 10 Jan 2001, Petra Cosmin wrote:

This is kind of an odd message.  I'm trying to figure out how it made it
onto the main list?  Did you originally post your message to the
lug-request address and then re-post to the LUG address?  At any rate, it
isn't clear what we are supposed to be responding to.

> > Command? This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
> > Command? ------=_NextPart_000_001B_01C07B2C.C969B760
> > Command? Content-Type: text/plain;
> > Command? charset="iso-8859-1"

This error message was generated since you sent a MIME formated e-mail to
the list server at the lug-request address.  This is a listing of the
first four lines in your e-mail message, none of which are mailing list
commands.  Because of that, the server sent you this notice.

> > >  I installed and configured ldap services on my RedHat7.0 server. But, =
> > > when I want to add entries in the directory( with ldapadd -D "...." -w =
> > > "...." < config.ldif ) , I'm obtaining "ldap_bind: Can't contact LDAP =
> > > server" . What are missing ?

If this is the question, I'd suggest that the server error stuff be edited
off so that this isn't lost.

> > > <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
> > > <HTML><HEAD>
> > > <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
> > > charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<snip>

Yes, this is the reason you got the server error in the first place.  It
is usually a good idea to turn off html formated e-mail.  The list server
won't know what to do with it, especially if you send it to the command
processing address (lug-request).

So, what was the question ... ?

- Wayde
  (wallen at lug.boulder.co.us)