[lug] Wireless/Broadband services, and the death of JATO

Matt Clauson mec at dotorg.org
Wed Jan 10 12:09:15 MST 2001

On Wed, Jan 10, 2001 at 12:06:04PM -0700, celttechie (Brian Jarrett) wrote:
> It would be cool if we could organize some sort of Community-run DSL/ISP
> service where we were in control.  It was probably a lot easier to do when
> all you needed were POTS lines and 28.8 modems.

Actually, that's fairly close to what we were discussing - a community-run
wireless cooperative, somewhat like the Colorado Wireless Exchange up in
Fort Collins/Loveland.  It's still in the discussion phase, but we might
be doing some tests here soon.  If anyone is interested, please email me
offlist.

--mec