[lug] Kpilot & RH 7

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Thu Jan 11 13:26:22 MST 2001

Shannon Johnston wrote:

> Let me re-open this posting with a new question.
> I'm running RH 7 and KDE2.0
> Every time I try to enter information the program crashes. Does anybody
> know where an error log might reside so that I can find out what's going
> on?
>
> Shannon

Try this...on the command line at the application directory, assuming
its name is literally "kpilot" (I don't know the app), see what libs it
wants:
ldd kpilot

Then as root, see what libs are available:
ldconfig -p | less

If you find a mismatch between what it wants, and what is provided,
you'll know what to upgrade or downgrade.

I doubt there are any logs per se, but a core file could be generated.
It won't do much good unless you have the source and want to run it in a
debugger.