[lug] Pre-Meeting Food will be at THE DARK HORSE

J. Wayde Allen wallen at lug.boulder.co.us
Thu Jan 11 16:26:23 MST 2001

On Thu, 11 Jan 2001, Ken Kinder wrote:

> What time is the pre-meeting food?

Before the meeting, we usually start at about 5:30 p.m.

<Grumble> Doesn't anyone read the meeting announements? </Grumble>

The last meeting announcement is attached below.

- Wayde
  (wallen at lug.boulder.co.us)

                       Linux User's Group Meeting
                       ==========================

Where:   NIST Room 1107, 325 Broadway, Boulder
         [NOTE ROOM CHANGE]

         (If you want to arrive early, join us at the Dark Horse Saloon
          on Baseline for a bite to eat around 5:30 P.M.)

Time:    7:00 P.M.

Date:    January 11, 2001

Software Demo: The Konqueror web browser <http://www.konqueror.org/>
               Sean Reifschneider <jafo at tummy.com>

Featured Presentation: Gnu Privacy Guard and PGP, or "What's this garbage
                       in my email?"

Speaker: Michael J. Pedersen <marvin at keepthetouch.org>

Abstract:

Many of us are (sometimes painfully) aware of how vulnerable email is to
being snooped, forged, or otherwise abused. Gnu Privacy Guard and PGP
(Pretty Good Privacy) are two of the best tools currently available to
help protect ourselves from email abuse, but are sometimes difficult to
understand and use well. We will go over some of the basic principles of
their use, how best to use them, and some of the details of doing so.