[lug] Python/Zope question ...

Evelyn Mitchell efm at tummy.com
Sat Jan 13 11:43:05 MST 2001

On Sat, Jan 13, 2001 at 07:27:57PM +0100, rm at mamma.varadinet.de wrote:

> How do i create a 'new' dtml tag? Is there something
> similar to JSP's taglibs or do i have to dig deep into
> the guts of Zope?

Under your Zope directory, there should be an Extensions directory.
You place your python code in there (with permissions so that it is
readable and executable by Zope).

There's a more detailed explanation at:
http://www.zope.org/Documentation/How-To/ExternalMethods

> BTW, what books would you pythoneers recomend for
> beginning Zopers?

_The Zope Book_ is available online from zope.org

The Beehive books (not free) are also quite good:
  www.beehive.de
  They have a book on creating ZClasses, one on Users and Roles and
one on Zope and MySQL (which I haven't read).

Regards,
Evelyn Mitchell
efm at tummy.com