[lug] SMTP problems with user

John Starkey jstarkey at advancecreations.com
Sat Jan 13 16:50:33 MST 2001

I have a user who can't relay through my server. I can relay fine using
his domain.

His set up:

Mindspring dialup (megapop I think)(in Denver)
iMac and Outlook
My DNS.

Mine:

@home
Windoze and Outlook (M$ won't allow me Outlook for my iMac at the moment.)
My DNS.

The server is on the coop, in Boulder.

Everything works great for me and he's able to receive my message when i
relay it to his mindspring email (config'd as him). Yet he keeps getting
timed out "connection can't be made at this time". When he tries it
himself.

He is able to connect to his site fine.

Anyone have any suggestions? He's not very computer literate at the moment
so recommending he re-install is that last thing I wanna do.

TIA,

John