[lug] SMTP problems with user

John Starkey jstarkey at advancecreations.com
Sat Jan 13 17:26:55 MST 2001

> I'm not sure if this is your problem, but earthlink/mindspring
> users must relay mail through the earthlink mail servers.  AFAIK,
> earthlink does not allow direct forwarding from a user's machine
> to a target mail system.

That sounds right. Is that just them or is this a common problem? I've
used four smaller providers in the past and had no problems with relaying
through another server I was using.

He's thinking about going broadband anyway so maybe this will help. He
didn't want to yet because of the mindspring email addy he's been using.

Thanks a lot.

John