[lug] XEmacs sql-mode????

Brad Jordan bradjordan2 at home.com
Sun Jan 14 09:52:55 MST 2001

I'm trying to set up sql-mode v 0.922 (beta)

I downloade the files and installed them in my ~/Emacs directory which
is in my load path.

I then added the lines
    (require 'sql-mode)
    (sql-initialize)
So when emacs starts it will initialize the mode.
and
   (autoload 'sql-mode "sql-mode" "SQL Editing Mode" t)
    (setq auto-mode-alist
       (append '(("\\.sql$" . sql-mode)
                 ("\\.tbl$" . sql-mode)
                 ("\\.sp$"  . sql-mode))
               auto-mode-alist))
So sql-mode is invoked when I open a file with .sql, .tbl, .sp, etc.
All this is similar to other emacs modes (perl, matlab, c, c++, etc).

When I restart emacs (or re-read the .emacs file), I get an error:
	could not find the interfaces file.
and a popup telling me that I don't have my associations list defined
in $HOME/.sql-mode. I read the release and installation notes and
can't figure out what the association list is or how to set it up.

help, help, help!
Brad