[lug] Apache / httpd..

Andrew Reberry Andrew.Reberry at colorado.edu
Mon Jan 15 15:14:35 MST 2001

Hello all,

After doing a fresh install I find that apache is not running as expected.
I first note that my /home directory contains none of the appropiate
directories..  (/home/httpd/ is not there).  Trying to run /usr/sbin/httpd
gives me the following errors:

httpd: cannot determine local host name.
Use the ServerName directive to set it manually.

I checked, and it is true that upon installation the Apache .rpm was
installed correctly.  Another thing I checked was the httpd conf files
(/etc/httpd/conf/ httpd.conf, srm.conf, access.conf) and they all seem to be
there and in correct form.

What could be my problem.  I know it is probably something simple that I am
overlooking.

Thanks for any help!

Andrew Reberry