[lug] sendmail and From header

Hugh Brown hugh at vecna.com
Tue Jan 16 12:26:00 MST 2001

I have an internal network with a naming scheme that causes Internet
based mail servers to spit them back (domain not found).  For example,
my domain is company.com and my internal network has a host named
host1.internalnetwork.company.com  When sendmail on host1 sends mail it
gets spit back because internalnetwork.company.com doesn't exist in the
DNS.  So, I modify the sendmail.cf to make it appear as if mail is
coming from company.com (via the DD and Dj macros in the sendmail.cf).
The problem is that it tries to deliver mail locally whenever it gets
mail for company.com instead of delivering to the company mail server.
How do I tell sendmail not to take delivery of local mail and to send it
on to the right place?

Hugh