[lug] statistics of users here

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Tue Jan 16 14:02:58 MST 2001

On Mon, Jan 15, 2001 at 09:15:57AM -0700, Carl.Wagner at Level3.com wrote:
>I always hang up when someone calls and wants to do any sort of survey.  I get
>enough
>junk mail as it is.

The correct answer is "Please put me on your do not call list".  If they
call you again in the next several years, you CAN get $500 from them.
You should have heard MCI squirm when they called Evelyn said we had
already asked them to put us on their list.

It's the only way the calls will stop.  We started doing it about 5 years
ago, and it's gone from getting literally 5 or more calls a week down
to maybe 5 calls a year.

Realize: The simple fact that you answer your phone is communicated among
telemarketers.  If you answer a call from a telemarketer at 7pm, you're
likely to get more calls from other telemarketers around 7pm.  Really.

Sean
--
 "You can tune a file-system, but you can't tune a fish."
                 --  Quote from tunefs(1M) man page