[lug] Public Key Exchanges

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Wed Jan 17 14:08:52 MST 2001

I know I missed the meeting (was in Vegas... fun!) but is there any
particular benefit to setting up a BLUG keyserver over using one of the
widely-known key servers (like the one in my sig)?

It seems more software would be pre-"aimed" at the pgp.net servers and
would suffice for building a sufficient "web of trust" if we all just
did a big keysigning party and get everyone to properly authenticate
each other's keys and re-upload them to the well-known servers?

Just wondering why someone needs to go through all the extra work of
building a keyserver... someone enlighten me!