[lug] Doing your own transactions

Glenn Murray gmurray at Mines.EDU
Thu Jan 18 08:09:37 MST 2001

Polished Java code for doing transactions is outlined in the
book "Database Programming with JDBC and Java" by George
Reese, O'Reilly.  The source code is free and available for
downloading from O'Reilly.  Reese co-authored the O'Reilly
MySQL book.

For database portability it's a _really_ good idea, but I
wouldn't want to roll my own.

Glenn Murray
http://www.mines.edu/~gmurray