[lug] Doing your own transactions

Ed Meyer edmeyer at smartsbroadcast.com
Thu Jan 18 09:03:04 MST 2001

Have you checked into PHP and Interbase?  The interbase commands are built
right into PHP:

ibase_connect
ibase_commit
ibase_rollback
ibase_execute
etc...

I'm still very much a newbie with the two but it has worked great for me so
far with the inventory management system I'm building.  The ability to
choose when to commit or rollback transactions has made it easier for me to
choose when things get written to the database and for error correction (ie.
"are you absolutely sure you want to do this change - yes/no" kind of
thing).

Ed Meyer
Smarts Broadcast Systems