[lug] vi question

Michael J. Pedersen marvin at keepthetouch.org
Fri Jan 19 11:03:32 MST 2001

On Thu, Jan 18, 2001 at 05:48:22PM -0700, Steven wrote:
> 	Given the short talk on vi a couple of meetings back and the fact that I
> know several of you bluggers are users. Can one get syntax highlighting
> with this editor? I find myself using it more and more, it is the
> fastest thing I've ever seen. And I would love to adopt it to more than
> just quick administrative editing tasks. I've searched the web and found
> a few .vimrc example files but I have not seen any pretty colors appear :^)

On the one hand, here's an easy way to find out if you've got it ready to go
for syntax highlight. It uses file extensions, so pull up a .c file someplace,
and then type this line:

:set syntax=on

And you should see highlighting appear if you've got it already.

--
Michael J. Pedersen
My GnuPG KeyID: 4E724A60        My Public Key Available At: wwwkeys.pgp.net