[lug] I-opener

Bonnell, Doug DBonnell at BreeceHill.com
Tue Jan 23 09:08:43 MST 2001

All versions of the I-opener still work with Linux. The only thing that's
changed
on the latest version (v5) is the audio chip is no longer a Yamaha.

I have KRUD (RedHat 7.0 + extras) running on one of my I-openers. I also
have
a distro created especially for the I-opener called Jailbait in the 16Mb
Sandisk
flash "drive".

There are several people who have gotten the 2.4 kernel running on
I-openers.

For networking, use a USB ethernet adapter, such as the Linksys or D-Link
models. I still have a couple of I-openers with small (540 - 810Mb) hard
drives
and the BIOS reflashed to allowing booting from drive C, if anyone's
interested.

Regards,
Doug Bonnell
Software Engineer