[lug] Filtering Proxies

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Fri Jan 26 18:39:15 MST 2001

Why does my mailer think your address is "marvin"?  Can you fix that?

On Fri, Jan 26, 2001 at 03:56:36PM -0700, Michael J. Pedersen wrote:
>On Fri, Jan 26, 2001 at 03:52:43PM -0700, John Hernandez wrote:
>> freely available.  Squid has even attempted an
>> internet-wide caching hierarchy, which I know very little

The problem being that a lot of places actually try to force things
to be cache misses so that they get hit harder, making their "hit"
marks that they report look higher.  Pretty much required for any sort
of advertising counts.

>Yes, an http proxy, but not quite like squid, nor even like junkbuster. More

Why not like squid?  Squid has the performance characteristics that
you'd have to have.  If you're going to say an existing solution isn't
suitable, you'd better say why and provide evidence that you can do
the job better than the Squid team.  ;-)

Sean
--
 Your liver pays dearly now for youthful magic moments,
 But rock on completely with some brand new components.  -- Cake