[lug] Re: SB AWE32 Errors

SoloCDM deedsmis at aculink.net
Mon Jan 29 08:40:24 MST 2001

"D. Stimits" stated the following:

> SoloCDM wrote:
> >
> > I found the following modules for a Creative SB AWE32, with kernel
> > 2.2.14-15:
> >
> > /sbin/modprobe sound; /sbin/modprobe isapnp; /sbin/modprobe
> > joy-creative; /sbin/modprobe joystick; /sbin/modprobe snd-card-sbawe;
> > /sbin/modprobe snd-midi; /sbin/modprobe snd-mpu401-uart;
> > /sbin/modprobe snd-hwdep; /sbin/modprobe snd; /sbin/modprobe snd-pcm;
> > /sbin/modprobe soundcore; /sbin/modprobe snd-sb16-csp; /sbin/modprobe
> > snd-sb16-dsp; /sbin/modprobe snd-mixer; /sbin/modprobe snd-opl3;
> > /sbin/modprobe snd-wavefront-synth; /sbin/modprobe awe_wave;
> > /sbin/modprobe snd-hwdep; /sbin/modprobe snd-card-sbawe; /sbin/insmod
> > opl3; /sbin/insmod sb io=0x220 irq=5 dma=1 dma16=5 mpu_io=0x330;
> > /sbin/insmod uart401
> >
> > My sound worked perfectly with kernel 2.0.36.  I have my CDROM
> > connected to the IDE controller card.  Every time I run sndconfig
> > with(out) global $DISPLAY environment variable, as per instructions,
> > I get the following errors:
> >
> > Don't know what to do with CONFIGURE CTL0044/941569 (LD 2 on or
> > around line 353 /etc/isapnp.conf:353 -- Fatal - Error occurred
> > parsing config file --- no action taken
>
> FYI, this is not a module error. This is for setting up plug-n-play ISA
> cards so that their hardware settings can match what either the kernel
> or the modules are set to use. I don't know if maybe the version of
> isapnptools also required a change/upgrade when going from the old 2.0.x
> to 2.2.x. You might want to post about a half dozen lines before and
> after line 353 (and mark 353) for /etc/isapnp.conf. Plus back it up so
> you can experiment, e.g., rerun isapnpdump and edit again.

I didn't upgrade from 2.0.x to 2.2.x.  I overhauled the entire disk --
formatted the disk, installed new OS, which included kernel 2.2.x.  I
incorporated configurations from the old OS by modifying them to fit
the present platform.  I used sndconfig to create /etc/isapnp.conf.

> > What must be done to fix this problem?

Note: When you reply to this message, please include the mailing
      list/newsgroup address in Cc: and my email address in To:.