[lug] new info on wacky tftp

John Hernandez John.Hernandez at noaa.gov
Tue Jan 30 15:55:50 MST 2001

Just a stab, but maybe it wants you to remove the execute bit from the
file (for security reasons?)  In the example I just looked at, all the
files were perms 666.

charles at lunarmedia.net wrote:

> hello all-
> i changed the user param in my xinetd config for tftp. it was running as
> nobody. i changed it to root. i am now able to pull files from the server
> running tftp, however i cannot write files to the server running tftp.
>
> the filename exists on the server in the tftp root directory and has perms
> as 777.
>
> its the weirdest thing. i can read, but not write :)a

John Hernandez, Network Engineer --------------------------------------
US Department of Commerce                             tel: 303-497-6392
NOAA/OAR - Mailstop R/OM12                            fax: 303-497-6005
325 Broadway                            e-mail: John.Hernandez at noaa.gov
Boulder, CO 80303                               http://boulder.noaa.gov