[lug] Sprint ION Question

Sebastian Sobolewski spsobole at mindless.com
Tue Jan 30 16:34:49 MST 2001

Is anyone here using ION service?  (With Linux or Windows)  And if so what
are your typical ping times to servers such as yahoo, Netscape, etc. The
sales rep for ION told me that they are 1.5ms on the 1st hop (between your
DSL modem and their DSLAM)  And pretty much very low latencies through out
the rest of their network. I'd also like to know your typical download
speeds and if there was any additional "hidden" costs showing up on your
bills. (I know about the 5$ line charge.. but is there anything else?)  And
of course how happy you are with the service in general.  I want to double
check what their rep told me before deciding to drop 120$/month.

	You can feel free to email me directly.

Thanks,
Sebastian Sobolewski
(spsobole at mindless.com)