[lug] Recommend a bug tracker?

Evelyn Mitchell efm at tummy.com
Wed Jan 31 10:56:29 MST 2001

I've set up bugzilla several times, and it's definately not designed
for ease of management. The web interface is good if you're tracking
lots of different things. Make sure to install from the cvs archive,
as both the tarballs and the rpms are broken.

Sourceforge is also available as a package you can install on your
own server. It has nice intergration of bugs, patches and comments.
It also has a cvs interface. Bugzilla uses separate tools (tinderbox
and bonsai) for source repository work.

Many people like gnats, though I didn't like installing it or using it.
It's been around a long time, and there are better tools available.

I like DCL for tracking a wide variety of things, as it isn't
'bug-centric'.

Perhaps its time for a presentation...

Evelyn Mitchell
efm at tummy.com