[lug] X FontPaths

John Starkey jstarkey at advancecreations.com
Wed Jan 31 14:43:50 MST 2001

Hmm. I tried starting x as a regular user and recieved the following:

_XSERVTransSocketUNIXCreateListener: ...SocketCreateListener() failed
_XSERVTransMakeAllCOTSServerListener: server already running.

The only thing running is xfs --droppriv --daemon

I guess this is in line with what Kevin was saying. But the error while
trying to run as root is

_FontTransSocketUNIXConnect: Can't connect: errno = 111
failed to set font path 'unix/:-1'
Fatal server error:
could not open default font 'fixed'

(the bottom two lines weren't included in my original post).

John